Jay Tuck is an internationally acclaimed speaker whose lively talks are accompanied by exclusive video and photographs. His TED-Talk reached over 1/2 million views on the internet. Tuck speaks to private banks and financial institutions (World Bank, Chambers of Commerce, Patrizia), to gala events (Deloitte, ServicePlan), Media and Medical Congresses (WAZ, Universitätsklinikum Essen), Innovation and Research Symposia (Vodafone, Goethe University), as well as security and law enforcement conferences (Sicherheitsgespräche 2017).
Consultant (1985 - today) Europe / USA
Jay Tuck consults for international companies on media politics, as well as strategies for business in the Middle East.
Airtime Dubai Ltd (2004 - present) Dubai, UAE
- Founder and CEO of international media company serving Arabic broadcasters in the MENA Region (www.airtime.ae).
- Executive Producer of An Kathab. Broadcasting weekly to 30 Million viewers in Arabic on Al-Jazeera News Channel, this high-tech news magazine presents the latest on the urgent science and technology issues that are changing our lives.
- Producer for German Television, including feature-length documentaries N24 News Channel and a segment series for MDR-Television.
ARD German Television Network (1971 - 2004) Hamburg, Germany
- For over thirty years in positions of major editorial responsibility at ARD, Europe's largest television network.
- Executive News Editor of ARD-Tagesthemen (1996 - 2003). Responsible for all aspects of broadcast content on leading daily network television news magazine. All work in the German language.
- War Correspondent in the Gulf Wars (1991 & 2002). Covered the fighting war under combat conditions for ARD-Tagesschau. Reported from Saudi Arabia, post-war Iraq and traveled with the first convoy into liberated Kuwait, facing hostile fire repeatedly. Filed over 100 network television and radio items from the war zone, responsible for content, as well as the health and safety of the ARD crew.
- Foreign Editor of ARD-Tagesthemen (1989 - 1996). Responsible for assignments, communication, satellites and travel of ARD's 42 foreign correspondents.
Author (1985 - 1987) Europe / USA
- Wrote High-Tech Espionage (hardcover, St. Martin's Press, New York), which also appeared as The T Directorate (paperback, St. Martin's Press, New York), High-Tech Espionage (hardcover & paperback, Sidgwick & Jackson, London), La Guerre des Ordinateurs (Plon, Paris), Il Gioco della Conchiglia (ADN Kronus, Rome), The Computer War (Roes Publishing, Athens) and Die Computerspione (Heyne Verlag, Munich).
- Authored and co-published espionage book Direktorat T (Kriminalistik Verlag, Heidelberg).
Voice Talent / Announcer (1969 - present) Europe / USA
- Professional announcer for high-end television, radio & cinema commercials. Clients have included Agfa, Airbus, AOL, Bacardi, Bertelsmann, Coca Cola, DMB & B, Deutsche Grammaphon, Exxon, Gordon’s Gin, Haynes, Jim Beam, Joop, Lufthansa, Link Entertainment (New York), Manhattan Transfer (Miami), Marlboro, Mercedes, Nintendo, Peugeot, Sony Music, Springer & Jacoby, Southern Comfort, Telekom and VO Whiskey. Voice samples are available at web site www.FilmVoices.com.
- Narrator in original version of the Hollywood film “Alone in the Dark” starring Christian Slater.
- NDR & SWF Radio (1969 - 1978): "The Jay Tuck Show", as satirist and disc jockey.
IT Consulting (1989 - 1995) Germany
- ARD Network News, Hamburg (1989 - 1995): Customized broadcasting software for ARD Network News in Hamburg, designing architecture, composing keyboard macros and training personnel as computers were introduced into the newsroom.
- SAT-1, MDR Television, MDR Radio, WDR local TV and BR Television in Germany: As a consultant customized similar software applications for newsrooms.
- ARD Bureau Moscow: Designed and consulted on satellite networking system to improve telephone & IT communications between ARD and its Moscow Bureau during Soviet Era.
- Norcom Systems, Munich: IT consulting on user interfaces & newsroom system design for television broadcasters.
Pre-Europe Work Experience (1968 - 1969) New York
- CBS Network News: Assistant Producer on feature-length documentary about nursing homes.
- Commonwealth United: Production assistant on cinema documentary “King” covering the life of Dr. Martin Luther King (nominated for an Academy Award).
Antioch University, BA (1963 - 1969) Yellow Springs, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (economics)
- Work-Study jobs included U.S. Treasury and U.S. Federal Trade Commission in Washington, social work in Harlem, journalist at Mooresville Times in Indiana and Radio Station Manager at WYSO in Ohio.
Recreation Omsk, Russia
- Marathons. 1st American ever to run Siberian Ice Half-Marathon (2000, 2001, 2002).
- Full marathons in Berlin and Hamburg.